Brendan obtained his Electrical Engineering degree at the University of Pretoria and is currently an Electrical engineer in Training. He has 1 year working experience and the responsibilities Brendan has to fulfill can be seen in the list below.
1.) Planning and design of electrical engineering infrastructure and services which include inter alia for the following:
- Attend pre-design meetings with clients and Architects for inputs on Town planning matters, design requirements and general project information.
- Services availability investigations which include the calculation of load requirements, cost of proposed reticulation and follow up with Service providers, i.e. Municipalities, Eskom, etc.
- Compilation of service reports for township establishment and rezoning
- Design of underground LV reticulation networks Reticmaster and Voltdrop
- Drawing of MV, LV and streetlight layouts on CAD
- Software simulations for lighting designs in Relux
- Compilation of bill of quantities and project cost estimates
- Attend site meetings
2.) Project coordination and management which include communication with Town Planners, Municipalities, Contractors, Suppliers and Clients.
3.) Report writing